Reply by Peoplesmart

Dear Ms. Duhaime-Londberg,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated January 17, 2016. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. In investigating the account, we see that there was a purchase on the website on April 9, 2014 for a phone report for $0.95 and a 7 day free trial of an unlimited search membership. The report was being offered at a discounted price with enrollment in the trial. The trial period expired on April 17, 2014 at which you were billed $19.95 for the membership fee. We do state on the website before purchase, and in the email confirmation that is sent immediately after, that if the trial is not canceled within the 7 day time frame, it will go into a monthly billing cycle.

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the membership package that was purchased. We understand that you were unaware that you had enrolled in a membership, but had we been contacted sooner, we would have been able to cancel immediately to prevent further charges. I have canceled your membership and issued four refunds for $19.95 for order number 581747815. In our Terms of Use, we do state that all sales are final after 60 days. However, in this case, we have extended our policy and issued refunds for all charges which have occurred within the last 120 days. The refunds will process immediately through our system. However, up to 7 business days of additional processing time may be required by PayPal or your financial institution before the refunds are reflected in your account balance.

I appreciate you contacting us so we could address your concerns. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at 1-888-813-0008.

Sincerely,
Susie L.
Member Services Representative
Author's

just noticed an "authorized" transaction on our paypal account...

will probably be blindsided with an explanation like they have with so many other people.

Watch Out!!

working now with paypal to get everything blocked and charges reversed. this is not right

now I can't press enter unless I write and eighty plus word story about our complaint.

This should tell you that PeopleSmart are Smart to trape you in, and I am writing eighty words so I can get this written and presented to the public.

Please be advised and check the charges on your different accounts.

great..I have reached 91 words.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Peoplesmart customer service, Unauthorized billing, Refusal to refund entire amount.

Had an Experience with Peoplesmart?

Peoplesmart Most Helpful Reviews