Show reviews that mention
people credit card money service information people smart account trial card credit
Filter review

Not Honoring Subscription when acquired by BeenVerified

I just tried logging into my PeopleSmart Account and was told that ownership was transferred to BeenVerified and that my subscription was cancelled. The issue is that I renewed my yearly subscription on March 4th and it does not expire until that date next year. I'm pretty sure my subscription cannot be cancelled unless a partial refund is offered for the prorated amount. Otherwise it is theft of service. It is not a lot of money ($35.40) but it is a subscription I paid for and expect to receive until it renews next year. Either that, or I receive a prorated refund. This is no different than a landlord purchasing a property that still has to honor the current lease until it expires. Has anyone else been given this info when they logged in and have a current subscription? It states that all subscriptions are cancelled as of 6/30/19

They cancelled the subscriptions June 30, but continued to take payments until that day. Total B.S.

ID
Pros
  • Affordable database service
Cons
  • Beenverified not honoring subscription
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why is been verified being used It is not free

why is been verified being used it charges ?????????????
Leominster, Massachusetts
Not as described/ advertised

Did not realize it was a continuing, automatic recharge each month

Did not realizes an automatic recharge of $23.40 each month until I got my American Express Credit Card bill. I notified the Peoplesmart Company by their email, but there was never an acknowledgement that they received it. So, I am also sending the same notification that I do not want want to continue the subscription if I was ever subscribed. Stop the subscription now. Do not charge my Credit Card. This was to locate and find out out who charged me with this recurring expense. To me it is a scam. I am notifing American Express of this directive in order to block anymore automatic recuring charges. Count the words.
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Peoplesmart Customer Care
Pros
  • Helped me fast
Cons
  • Seemed deceptive
Reason of review
did not realize it was automatic rechare each month.

FRAUD COMPANY DO NOT USE

Update by user Dec 29, 2017

Added situation to facebook to let EVERYONE know their business practices. A "supervisor" called me back.

After 120 days it's not their problem it's a dispute with the credit card. I went to their fb page and they hadn't posted since last President's day. I messaged them my fb post but I doubt that will mean anything.

I'm not backing down. I'm going to spend every spare moment I have letting people know it's a scam with HORRIBLE customer service.

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2017
Just found out my sick 65 year old father's credit card has been used since 12/22/13 and charged $29.95 a month sin e then. The account was linked to a junk email account I use. I've caught several fraud cases with this email including AppleID but none linked to my father's credit card. I lived between California and Florida during this time while my sick father lived in Michigan. I NEVER had access to his financial info and would NEVER use it. I also would never do a background check on anyone. I have no need in my life for this service. I emailed the company all this info and they say they have a No Refund Policy but refunded my dad four months. It's been 5 years of fraud and they want to give him a 4 month refund? This is unacceptable. I called and was given the run around of that's all they can possibly do even though it's fraud. I asked for her supervisor AND recorded the call. Someone is supposed to get back to me. We'll see how that goes. Do not use this company. I will be calling my local news business investigating team to try to get the entire amount refunded. This is beyond ridiculous and I believe the whole Peoplesmart company is a scam now.

Wow! Did I touch a nerve?

That happens when internet trolls get called out. You say I can't comprehend what's happening but really it's the opposite. The card was cancelled immediately upon noticing the charge. You seem to be very angry my father let this fraud happen for so long and you being 65 and also ill would or could NEVER let this happen.

Well my father doesn't just have a cold. He is gravely ill and has been for years. Between the heart failure, COPD, extreme abdominal nerve damage, blood clots in his legs, a tumor on his pancreas, gall bladder surgery, spleen surgery, extreme depression from losing all his freedom almost overnight going from a healthy man that worked hard and loved life to someone in constant debilitating pain. He weighs 100lbs because it hurts to eat.

He drinks ensure when he can and a feeding tube might be placed soon. I was told two years ago he didn't have much time left by his cardiologist because his heart failure is so severe.

You also can sign up for this company and pay monthly for unlimited searches. I have no need for that in my life.

I don't understand your anger or why you keep saying I'm trying to correct or delete information on their site. I could care less what info they have on me. I just want my father to get his money back. How wonderful would that be for him to get the refund and go on a trip somewhere he's never been and actually LIVE for a few days before you have to get back to real life and pray you die in your sleep at home and not in pain hooked up to loud machines in a hospital.

I get not noticing the charges for years was really dumb. I asked why he kept paying and he said he thought it was part of his phone or cable bill. His brain is very sick and the meds just make it worse.

I'm not saying Peoplesmart just picked his card and my junk email out of the air and started charging us for fun.

I'm saying neither of us signed up for the unlimited monthly background checks for $29.95 per month. The account was also not used a single time in all these years to do a single background check on anyone.

What I'm saying is this is obvious fraud. Their customer service did not care one bit and that enrages me because my dad does not need this aggravation right now.

When he called Peoplesmart they told him if he opened a credit card investigation I (his daughter) would go to jail because the account was in my name. Scare tactics by a scam company on a sick man. I convinced my father to ignore them and cancel the card and have the fraud department take care of it.

So you see Troll you really have no idea what you are talking about.

I wrote my post to warn people, create some awareness and take care of those who can't take care of themselves when scam companies like Peoplesmart get their greedy claws on a credit card number. Get a life!

What the *** are you talking about? Peoplesmart, like all the others, disgusts me with the way they post information, and much of it is inaccurate but continues to get spread around.

They certainly have my name all mucked up and wrong, but I have no intention of alerting them because I think they're all despicable. Anyhow, if they are charging your (father's) credit card since 2013, then somebody doesn't watch their statements very well! Dispute it with your credit card and, by all means, cancel the card!!!

Get it replaced!! I don't see how this could carry on for four years without anybody noticing.

@PissedConsumer1411259

Oh, and why doesn't your dad take better care of his own affairs? Why are YOU writing on HIS behalf?

I am your dad's age, and I certainly do not have any of my children involved in my finances. Sixty-five is not old!

@PissedConsumer1411262

My dad is extremely ill and has been for a few years now. He also has no idea how to use a computer.

I didn't say this company didn't have the correct information on us. Neither of us ever signed up and they have been charging him $29.95 a month for years which is FRAUD. The credit card is involved now but I would hope and assume this company would want to correct the issue once they had all the facts and not only did they not want to, they didn't care. My father is all I have in this world, if I want to spread the word on the internet so others can protect themselves and those they love I will spend every spare minute I have doing so.

Also I never said 65 is old but I hope it took you every one of those years to develop that nasty troll attitude. I couldn't imagine a life like yours.

Find love in something, share and protect it. Then you might understand why I am fighting my sick father's fight!

@PissedConsumer1411289

You don't sign up for this "company". It is like all the other online people locators.

They attain information that anyone can get via public information and compile it on the internet. If you search the others, you'll be on there, too.

You lack information. Don't be a ***.

@PissedConsumer1411289

I would never give this service more information. You are such a fool.

And I maintain that anyone who allows a monthly billing they "know" they didn't sign up for is a fool. Cancel you card.

Don't talk down to me about finding love. Maybe you should find some smarts, ***.

@PissedConsumer1411289

You should also learn comprehension. I didn't say the company had misinformation on you.

How would I know who you are or what info is accurate? No, idiot, I said they have misinformation on me. Jaysus, you're dumb. I am ill, too, and I handle my own finances.

And no, I am not a troll. I would up here researching how to remove my info from this website. People like you, who clearly lack common sense, just complicate matters in life.

Get some basic knowledge and then solve your issues. I despise these online websites too, but there are so many of them, that removing your info from here won't keep it off indefinitely, nor will it remove it from other like websites.

@PissedConsumer1411289

And, apparently this website blocks out words like {{Redacted}}

@PissedConsumer1411289

Lastly, there is something off about your entire rant. You say this website fraudulently obtained and billed your father's credit card and then used one of your email addresses.

Come on. As much as I despise these sites, I doubt seriously they found a way to get hold of your card and your email address and then bill you (your father) for four years straight without either of you realizing it. You might want to backtrack it to see if anyone who has access to your fathers information and your email address signed up, providing that information. Even if that person backed out, or thought he/she had done so.

But four years of credit card charges is a mistake on your part (whoever maintains your dad's finances). Time to wake up, cancel the card by calling the credit card issuer and declare fraudulent charges. Ask for a new card to be issued to replace that card. You're in for a long haul if you think the bank is going to accept that you allowed four years of charges and are just now questioning them.

Good luck with that. You're clearly not mentally challenged, so I have no empathy for four years of stupidity. Has not a thing to do with love.

Take your love to the bank and try to pay your bills with it and see how far that gets you. Sheesh.

View more comments (8)
Problems with payment

All I want to do is cancel my subscription

I ordered a online subscription to find out the date my divorce was actually finalized because I didn’t want to wait two weeks for the county to provide the information. Well even though it was listed on the information they would provide it wasn’t listed. So after a couple months of being charged for there services I tried to cancel my subscription. They said it would take a minute. All the person on the phone would do is try to sell me other products. After 20 minuets of me saying no over and over again to a limitless number of products I said let me speak to a supervisor. He said your card will be changed $39.95 for some product and hung up. I called back told the new person that i didn’t want to buy anything all I want to do is cancel my subscription she rambled off a number which I couldn’t understand because, of her accent, then she hung up. I tried to call back numerous times only to get a busy signal. Thanks to them I locked my debit card so it won’t be changed and requested a replacement card. So if you use this company don’t try to cancel just go straight to locking your debit card because you can’t just cancel your subscription. Use a different company.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

My issue is that you have my name on your site

Peoplesmart - My issue is that you have my name on your site
To It May Concern: I would like you to remove my name that is connected and posted on your site. Names of my family and so forth on the site site. My name is Jerry Whitaker II you did not let me know you did not send me an email that my information was on this site I need this to be resolved and removed Monday morning.
Peoplesmart Public Record
Peoplesmart's reply to:

I did not get what was promised

Sabrina purchased a county check (Criminal record). Theses records are not viewed right away. This is a county check to obtain the records that were not digitized from the court house. The customer contacted us on 3/9/2017 and we had issued a refund for the report.
ID
Cons
  • Product
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

This service did not provide what was offered, but they were quick to debit my account. This is not what I thought I purchased.{{Redacted}} They provided information that could easily be looked up on the internet.

In order to get additional information you have to continue paying more and more money. {{Redacted}} I am not satisfied with my purchase and if I could get my money back, I would. How do I get my money back?

Can you tell me how to get a refund? {{Redacted}}

Love Peoplesmart

love Peoplesmart. I'm so glad I watched an episode of MTV Catfish and they said that's the program they were using. I highly recommend Peoplesmart to all of my real estate business associates.
Product
Peoplesmart Website
Good quality

Thank you!

I just want to thank you for your prompt response and no questions asked resolution! I am thoroughly satisfied with your company and will not only utilize your services in the future but will also HIGHLY recommend you to others. Thanks again! Linda J.
Good customer service

Wonderful!

First time using this wonderful available data. Will use it only when seriously needed. Thank you. Dawn D
Product
Peoplesmart Website

PeopleSmart Postal Relay Service

I just wanted to say THANK YOU this really works. The person I searched for and that you guys sent a postcard to contacted me and I about fell over I was so happy. I can't thank you guys enough really I'm beyond satisfied with your service and grateful as well thank you thank you thank you. Stephanie S
Good customer service

Scam scam scam

Hello Ms. Marshall,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated January 18, 2016. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any misunderstanding as to the membership package purchased. During the visit to the website on October 3, 2014, two different memberships were started. One was a monthly unlimited search membership and the other was a 30 day free trial of IdentitySmart. The IdentitySmart membership was canceled online on October 3, 2014 but the unlimited search membership was not canceled. The membership continued to automatically renew every month. We do itemize the purchases on the website during the checkout process and in the confirmation email that is sent immediately after purchase. In addition, we list our phone number on the credit card statement every month so customers can contact us if they are charged and do not wish to continue the service. Had we been contacted sooner, we would have been able to prevent further billing.

I do understand that you were not aware that you had enrolled in the two memberships. I have canceled your unlimited search membership and issued four refunds for $19.95 for order number 614134838. In our Terms of Use, we do state that all sales are final after 60 days. However, in this case, we have extended our policy and issued refunds for all charges which have occurred within the last 120 days. The refunds will process immediately through our system. However, your financial institution may require up to 7 business days of additional processing time before they are reflected in your account balance.

I appreciate you contacting us so we could address your concerns. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at 1-888-813-0008.

Susie L.
ID
Cons
  • Unauthorized billing
  • 240 dollar free trial
Reason of review
continued to charge me after cancellation; never processed cancellation.
Update by user Jan 20, 2016

What is unethical about this practice is (a) enrolling participants in TWO separate services on the sly and (b) only canceling ONE when customers are clearly attempting to sever ties with/cancel all services. Additionally, every other service (student loans, credit cards, etc.) send monthly billing statements to customer's email to remind/provide record of upcoming bills and withdrawals from one's checking account.

A thorough perusal of my email accounts (b/c I save everything) demonstrates that Peoplesmart NEVER sent any such emails. Ever. Even my spam/promotions folder is holding onto stuff from the past few months, and there was nothing.

Therefore, refunding four months is a hollow gesture at best, considering that they charged me for 16 months, when only ONE of those months were what I wanted (and assumed) I paid for.

Given how many complaints similar to mine that I've found on this site and others, it's clear that this company is engaged in non-ethical business practices and that it will continue to do so.

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2016

In October of 2014 I purchased the $19.95 for a month of background checks and cancelled within days. I have never had any record of emails from PeopleSearch at all...yet they have somehow been charging me.

I'd NEVER ordered (or wanted) Identity Smart, and yet a perusal of this site shows that others who have had the same issue are being told they cancelled Identity Smart and not the former. This is utter and complete garbage and a scam.

They've STOLEN close to $300 from me and I'm definitely pissed.

I'm contesting these charges with my bank and reporting this organization to both my state's consumer advocacy group, FTC, as well as the BBB.

Unauthroized charges peoplesmart

Dear Ms. Duhaime-Londberg,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated January 17, 2016. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. In investigating the account, we see that there was a purchase on the website on April 9, 2014 for a phone report for $0.95 and a 7 day free trial of an unlimited search membership. The report was being offered at a discounted price with enrollment in the trial. The trial period expired on April 17, 2014 at which you were billed $19.95 for the membership fee. We do state on the website before purchase, and in the email confirmation that is sent immediately after, that if the trial is not canceled within the 7 day time frame, it will go into a monthly billing cycle.

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the membership package that was purchased. We understand that you were unaware that you had enrolled in a membership, but had we been contacted sooner, we would have been able to cancel immediately to prevent further charges. I have canceled your membership and issued four refunds for $19.95 for order number 581747815. In our Terms of Use, we do state that all sales are final after 60 days. However, in this case, we have extended our policy and issued refunds for all charges which have occurred within the last 120 days. The refunds will process immediately through our system. However, up to 7 business days of additional processing time may be required by PayPal or your financial institution before the refunds are reflected in your account balance.

Susie L.
ID
Cons
  • Refusal to refund entire amount
  • Unauthorized billing
  • Peoplesmart customer service
Problems with payment

just noticed an "authorized" transaction on our paypal account...

will probably be blindsided with an explanation like they have with so many other people.

Watch Out!!

working now with paypal to get everything blocked and charges reversed. this is not right

now I can't press enter unless I write and eighty plus word story about our complaint.

This should tell you that PeopleSmart are Smart to trape you in, and I am writing eighty words so I can get this written and presented to the public.

Please be advised and check the charges on your different accounts.

great..I have reached 91 words.

Incorrect Information

Dear Ms. Watson,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated October 23, 2015. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience in finding incorrect information on our website. We have a read-only agreement with our information provider, and cannot change any information. However, we respect privacy, and that is why we have an Opt-Out process built into our website. You can go to the address below or give us a call at 888-694-1992 to have a representative help you through the process. Please follow the link below to manage your listing: http://www.peoplesmart.com/optout

Shauna K
ID
Pros
  • I liked
Bad quality

My name is Everylee Mitizie Watson.

I am not related to a Claire M. Cahill, please take her off my information. mitiziewatson@***.com, and mitiziemouse@***.com. Also, my number is incorrect. I no longer have 317-924-****. For about 15 years. Also, my son and husband, do not have that number. Douglas Ed.Watson, and Isaac B. Watson, Sr. And I am a woman. You have Sr. after my name Everylee Mitizie Watson, no Sr. Please correct. Need to verify send email to mitiziewatson@***.com . I can not think of anymore words. I will put letters so it will let me send this to you. Thanks.

Thanks a million,

Grandma Mitizie. I am 63 years old. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru. I hope this goes thru.

Peoplesmart Service Charges Review from Tyler, Texas

Dear Mr. Clark,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated September 6, 2015. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

We would like to apologize for any confusion regarding the membership that was purchased. After researching the account we see that a Search membership was started on 6/28/2015 and a phone report was purchased for $.99 (a $9.95 value when purchased without a membership).

The trial expired on 7/6/2015, at which time you were charged $19.99 for the membership. The membership will renew monthly until canceled as stated in the terms of use and in the purchase confirmation sent to the email address on record.

We have canceled your membership as of 9/8/2015 and you will not be charged again. We have processed refunds for your membership. You will have 3 refunds for $19.99 for the membership charges . You will see each individual refund post to your statement. The refund will process through our system immediately. However, your financial institution may require up to 7 business days for additional processing before it is reflected in your account balance.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992.

Ann H
ID

They charged my debit card and I want my money back in my account now . This place is horrible will never use again

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article