Reply by Peoplesmart

100% full
Mr. Dykstra,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated June 24, 2015. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. We value you as our customer and want to make your experience with PeopleSmart a positive one. As such, we have canceled your Unlimited Phone Search Access membership on 6/24/2015 and issued a refund on 6/25/2015, for the amount of $29.85 which has been processed for receipt number 474798501. This refund will show as 3 charges of $9.95. This refunds all charges occurring in the last 120 days. Please allow at least 3-5 business days for your financial institution to receive the funds.

After researching your account we see that you signed up for a 7-day Free Trial membership to PeopleSmart and 7-day Free Trial subscription to IdentitySmart. IdentitySmart is a service that provides you with the tools needed to manage and protect your identity. Your PeopleSmart membership includes basic People Searches which will return listed contact information, such as address and phone number. You canceled your subscription to IdentitySmart; however, you did not cancel your subscription to PeopleSmart. As such, the membership billed when the trial expired after 7 days, since there was no cancellation of the membership. I do apologize for the misunderstanding as to the membership package that was purchased. This was itemized for you at the checkout process where you would have put in your card information and also in the confirmation email that was sent immediately after purchase.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992.

Sincerely,
Ann H
Author's
Coverage Area

On April of 2013 I used PeopleSmart's one dollar trial.After cancelling the trial moments after, I thought I would be good and not have to worry about further monthly charges.

I used my bank card for my one dollar trial, that I rarely use anymore. After really looking at my bank statement last month I saw a charge of $9.95 and decided to take a look. I logged back onto my account at PeopleSmart and found that they have been charging me for the past TWO YEARS! Costing me more than $220.00 and I want all of that money back!

I haven't used this website once since my one dollar free trial and I feel as though I have been scammed.When I called the support line and tried to talk to someone they told me that it was not a scam and that there was more than one cancellation that I had to perform.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Refusal to refund entire amount, Unauthorized billing.

Had an Experience with Peoplesmart?

Peoplesmart Most Helpful Reviews