Peoplesmart's reply to:

Peoplesmart - I cancelled my membership two years ago and it kept charging me.

Peoplesmart's reply:

Mr. Dykstra,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to dated June 24, 2015. Your concerns were forwarded to for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. We value you as our customer and want to make your experience with PeopleSmart a positive one. As such, we have canceled your Unlimited Phone Search Access membership on 6/24/2015 and issued a refund on 6/25/2015, for the amount of $29.85 which has been processed for receipt number 474798501. This refund will show as 3 charges of $9.95. This refunds all charges occurring in the last 120 days. Please allow at least 3-5 business days for your financial institution to receive the funds.

After researching your account we see that you signed up for a 7-day Free Trial membership to PeopleSmart and 7-day Free Trial subscription to IdentitySmart. IdentitySmart is a service that provides you with the tools needed to manage and protect your identity. Your PeopleSmart membership includes basic People Searches which will return listed contact information, such as address and phone number. You canceled your subscription to IdentitySmart; however, you did not cancel your subscription to PeopleSmart. As such, the membership billed when the trial expired after 7 days, since there was no cancellation of the membership. I do apologize for the misunderstanding as to the membership package that was purchased. This was itemized for you at the checkout process where you would have put in your card information and also in the confirmation email that was sent immediately after purchase.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992.

Ann H
Read the review Hide the review
review #655801

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Peoplesmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Peoplesmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Peoplesmart.
Filing a new complaint about