Reply by Peoplesmart

Hi Jessica-2013,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated May 27, 2013. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. We value you as our customer and want to make your experience with PeopleSmart a positive one. As such, we have canceled your membership and issued a refund for the amount of $19.95 which has been processed for receipt number 486753584.This will process immediately through our order system and card processor; however, please allow at least 3-5 business days for your financial institution to receive the funds.

When you purchased your original report there was an offer for a 7-day trial to the web site. It appears that you signed-up for that offer during the checkout process. The membership billed when the trial expired after 7 days, since there was no cancellation of the membership. I do apologize for the misunderstanding as to the membership package that was purchased. This was itemized for you at the checkout process where you would have put in your card information and also in the confirmation email that was sent immediately after purchase.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-813-0008.
Author's

On May 19 I entered my Visa account info authorizing PeopleSmart to charge 95 cents to look up a repeated phone number coming in over a period of a few months that I didn't recognize.It turned out to be "Orchestra Hall" probably calling for donations.

Some days later on May 26, without ever returning to the PeopleSmart website, my PayPal account was charged $19.95 - I called PayPal but they could only bar this company from further charges and request a refund.I've e-mailed PeopleSmart but I think the Better Business Bureau should close down this fraudulent website.

Review about: Peoplesmart Website.

Had an Experience with Peoplesmart?