Reply by Peoplesmart

Thank you for your correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated January 18, 2012. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate an account for you; however, based upon the information submitted in your inquiry, I am able to provide some insight in regard to your purchase. Upon the initial visit to the website, there was a sign up for report(s) in addition to the 7 day free trial that was automatically offered. This was itemized for you at the checkout process where you would have put in your card information and also in the confirmation email that was sent immediately after purchase. The membership would have billed when the trial expired after 7 days, if there was no cancellation of the membership.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding as to the membership package that was purchased. A basic membership with PeopleSmart.com entitles you to access to the leading people search database, basic contact and landline phone lookups, email and social network lookups, and sex offender and inmate records lookups. Premium Reports are not included with this membership. A Contact Report, Reverse Phone Report, Work Information Report, or Background Report is only available for individual purchase.

I appreciate you reaching out to us. If you still need assistance with your membership or if you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992.
Author's

They had no information regarding the one search I made regarding a woman my 85 year old father was thinking about marrying.Under the guise that it was a 7 day free trial period, I was charged $39.95, and then charged $44.95 monthly thereafter, claiming that I had signed up for a year.

Totally a rip off. When I realized this was happening, I called and was basically told, too bad for you. I am royally pissed.

I beg of you, don't waste your time or money.You can get as much information from a phone book as they provided to me.

Had an Experience with Peoplesmart?

Comments

The customer service responder to these posts is a joke.This service can only control information they hold in their own databases and publish to their own websites.

Their so-called reputation management program has the victim voluntarily handing over their online profiles from all over the web to be "managed" by this company, adding new updated confirmed informatio about the victim to their previously less complete info.The People Smart people search and all its affiliates are of the worst reputation, and it's time to shut these charlatans' operations down.

They tried to do the same thing to me, but I called my bank and reported them for withdrawing money without my authorization.I was under the assumption that I was getting a 7-day free trial.

They ended up automatically signing me up for recurring payments before the 7 days were up, which I did NOT authorize, so I called my bank and they issued a stop payment. This company is a SCAM!! Check with your bank - you may be able to get your money back. I got mine back and peoplesmart is now blocked from making any further transactions with me.

WORST COMPANY EVER!Someone needs to report these people to the better business bureau.

Hi Fox31,

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience. If you feel you have been charged in error, we would be happy to provide a refund. Please contact our customer service team directly at support@peoplesmart.com with "Attention PeopleSmart Escalations" in the subject line.

Sincerely,

Chelsea-PeopleSmart.com

Hi Fox31,

Sincerely,

Chelsea-PeopleSmart.com

comments

Peoplesmart Most Helpful Reviews

Peoplesmart Products and Services