Reply by Peoplesmart

Dear Ms. Dodge,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated March 1, 2015. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

We want to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. After researching, we found an account showing our services were obtained on 11/30/2014 to start a 7-day free Unlimited trial membership which included a contact report. The trial period expired on 12/8/2014. The membership was canceled on 11/30. We also see a 7-day free trial of Identity Smart was also started on 11/20/2014. The trial period expired on 12/8/2014 resulting in the membership fee charge of $14.95 a month. This would continue on a monthly basis until canceled as was acknowledged and stated in the terms of service in check out. An email was also sent with details about your purchase. We have no record of a request to cancel the Identity Smart membership was received.

We have canceled your Identity Smart membership and issued 3 refunds of $14.95 for the Identity Smart membership fees. This will process immediately through our order system and payment processor. We’ve found that certain institutions take longer to process a refund or reversal back into your available balance.

We are not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the FCRA, but detailed information about your question can be found in section 5 of our Terms and conditions:

Our services should not be used for tenant screening. You may want to consider www.leaserunner.com for your tenant screening needs.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992

Sincerely,
Ann H.
Member Services Representative
Author's
Moss Landing, California

I signed up for the 7 day "free" trial period to check the credit report of a tenant (which I couldn't get anyway because you have to have their permission).Tried to get a background check on the same person, but was unable to find anything...I remembered to cancel in time, but then was signed up for another product...IDENTITY SMART, inadvertently.

I have been paying for 14.95 for 3 months before I realized it was automatically coming off my credit card.

When I called to cancel, they offered me the same service for 9.95!Are they kidding??

This reviewer shared experience about "i was scammed!" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $45. The author is overall dissatisfied with Peoplesmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Peoplesmart.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Media category for more informed decision or compare Peoplesmart to other companies on our site.