Reply by Peoplesmart

Dear Ms. Parham,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to PissedConsumer.com dated July 11, 2014. Your concerns were forwarded to PeopleSmart.com for review and response.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. We value you as our customer and want to make your experience with PeopleSmart a positive one. As such, we have canceled your membership and issued a refund on July 15, 2014, for the amount of $19.95 which has been processed for receipt number 602852482.

When you selected the Free Background Report it appears that you enrolled in a Monthly Membership to PeopleSmart and a 7-Day Trial to IdentitySmart on June 30, 2014. The 7-Day Trial to IdentitySmart was cancelled by you on June 30, 2014. The PeopleSmart membership charged immediately so you were charged $19.95 the same day. I do apologize for the misunderstanding as to the membership package that was purchased. This was itemized for you at the checkout process where you would have put in your card information and also in the confirmation email that was sent immediately after purchase.

I appreciate you reaching out to us so we can make things right. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at 888-694-1992.
Author's

I opened a people smart account for the free 7 day trial on 6/30/2014 and I saw their information was not complete nor completely accurate, so I cancelled my 7 day free trial the same day 6/30/2014. On 7/2/ 2014 (3 days later) a charge from people smart appeared in my account for $19.99.

This after the process of searching for the hidden directions to cancel your membership, and the barrage of ploys to keep you on board. Not only that I now receive random phone calls from numbers I don't recognize with recording and hang ups....

So Beware people this place is a Scam!!!! I have now cancelled my account for the second time, lets see if any more miscellaneous charges appear and how fast the BBB corrects this!